Dedicated Electrical Circuit Services
Trust our Alamo & Walnut Creek Licensed Electrician to Help
The National Electrical Code requires dedicated electrical circuits for major appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers. This keeps them supplied with enough power to run safely without overloading your electrical system. If you are adding a new appliance or are constantly tripping a breaker whenever you turn on certain appliances, call one of our licensed electricians at East Bay Electric, Inc. We help homeowners and business owners in Alamo, Walnut Creek, Danville, and the surrounding California communities with a range of electrical issues, including dedicated electrical circuits.
We are happy to answer your questions and offer a free estimate. Call (925) 395-4069 or continue reading for more information.
Common Questions About Dedicated Circuits
- What is a dedicated circuit? A dedicated electrical circuit is a circuit set aside for a specific purpose. It has its own circuit breaker and is intended solely for single appliance use. Because no other appliance can be plugged into or use that circuit, it is dedicated to that one appliance.
- What appliances may need to be on dedicated electrical circuits? Major appliances need to be on dedicated circuits, such as: dryers, washers, dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves and space heaters. If you have a question about whether your appliance needs its own circuit, a licensed electrician is the best person to ask.
- Why are dedicated circuits important? Dedicated circuits are important because they prevent a whole electrical system from being overloaded by one appliance. Major appliances use a lot of energy and should have their own circuits to prevent overload and reduce the chance of an electrical fire or other issue.
- How do I know if I need a dedicated electrical circuit? If you’re adding a new appliance, you may need a dedicated circuit. An electrician can offer insight regarding your particular appliance based on your existing electrical system.
- How can an electrician help? With a licensed electrician from East Bay Electric, Inc. to discuss your needs and look over your current system, you can rest assured that you will get accurate information regarding your dedicated circuit. We handle installation of new dedicated circuits as well as repairs and maintenance on existing circuits.
Contact us at (925) 395-4069 today to schedule service!